A couple of months ago, I found two abandoned Chippendale chairs. I drove past them & told myself to keep going.
Then, of course, I turned right back around.
My deal was if they fit in my car (I drive a small one) that I could bring them home. Ta-dah!
Did we really need two extra dining room chairs? No, not really, but extra seating is always a plus. I immediately had plans for these & they were in great shape.
Pretend I took this picture with a smarter smartphone or real camera & that the lighting was better, thank you. Just pretend it's a better picture overall (I was excited to get the project going...) - here's my Before:
The only thing they really needed was some new fabric for the seats. You can't see it very well, but the fabric was a bit stained from normal use and not so much my style. My day job occasionally lets me bring home beautiful fabric samples & I knew which ones I wanted to use. I tore off the old fabric, cleaned them as best I could, & sanded down the wood.
Enter a few cans of white spray paint:
My husband painted the chair bases for me. He's awesome like that & also cleans up or helps minimize DIY disasters - not that I've ever had any ;-).
And after staple-gunning the fabric to the chair pads - we got these lovelies:
(again, pretend this is award-winning photography...)
The fabric is a silk blend and I was lucky as the two samples just fit. I also love that the fabric colors are not identical. I think they compliment each other well & add an unexpected kick to a very traditional chair design.
Cheers and Happy Friday,