I take surveys, test products (see here, here, & here for a few examples), & attend focus groups on a regular basis. Why? Because besides the extra cash, I think it's a lot of fun & can do it in my spare time or on the go.
Going forward, I will highlight some of the sites I like best - full list here - & will try to give you the pros & the cons based on my experience with each site. These posts may contain affiliate links (disclosure policy here) & if you are a member of a great site I haven't listed, please let me know!
Why I like Paid Viewpoint (I've been a member since 2011):
- You qualify for every survey sent - there are no pre-qualifying questions. This a big pro because it will save you time & you will rack up earnings faster.
- Surveys are usually short & sweet - another huge time saver, no pages & pages of questions. They are also very smartphone & tablet friendly.
- Payouts are fairly quick (not as fast as Opinion Outpost - see here for more info).
- Fairly low payout threshold at a $15.00 minimum (for some this may be a con), but it's never been an issue for me.
- Small payout per survey (usually about 10 cents a pop), but again they are short/can be knocked out fast. They will also send requests for higher paying surveys, but you'll need to jump on those as they expire quickly & are first come, first served.
- It can sometimes feel like you will never hit the $15 minimum to cash out.
- Frequency: I wish I got more requests from this site as these surveys are so easy to do.
Worth it to sign up? Yes! I really like this site as it's fun, user-friendly, & payouts are fast.