We got a new chair, ya'll!
OK, well two new chairs but I'll get to that...when I was getting married, I also had two wedding dresses - these things happen!
Seriously, it was time for a new accent chair for our living room. We moved into our house a little over two years ago & it's been on the wish list ever since.
In the meantime, we used an IKEA classic & I really do like the ubiquitous IKEA POANG chair. It's fairly comfortable & it fit our space well. We live in a late 50's ranch & the rooms are not super huge. I also like it's "light" & didn't weigh the room down.
Click here for some great examples of where it kicks ass. A dear couple we know also has it in their home & it looks perfect:
It's the coolest pad in Hoboken, NJ!
IKEA was again on the radar as a lot of their furniture fits within the confines of our space. But really because I will take any excuse to visit IKEA. I picked this one:
It was one of the smaller options & I liked the forest-green color as it's a little different. It fit our space perfectly & is an uber-comfortable, soft chair. It's homey! But, the color was too dark for our living room (we already have a charcoal gray sectional - not sure what I was thinking) & it didn't look quite right.
So now it happily lives in the front room of the house.
Enter Move Loot!
I first read about Move Loot on the personal finance blog Wise Bread. And, then again here. Move Loot buys & sells used furniture. They are in a few markets around the US & you can read more about them here.
When this West Elm mid-century modern chair popped-up, I jumped!
So here's why I will keep shopping Move Loot (& no, they didn't pay me to write this - I wish!!!):
- You get to pick your delivery date & time on a realistic schedule. And the time windows are not cable-company-crazy long. My chair was delivered within a week on a Saturday morning.
- They email & remind you a few days before delivery.
- The morning of, they sent me a text as a reminder - loved this!
- They called ahead when they were en route & then called again when they were 10 minutes out.
- The delivery guys were super nice.
- The chair was in near-new condition (as listed), arrived wrapped in plastic, & included a protective cover.
- It was a deal - $60 less than full retail & less expensive than the IKEA chair. Delivery was free!
- No drama & the easiest furniture delivery I've ever had.
- Overall, they provided great customer service.
Cheers & Happy Friday,
update: Move Loot no longer exists! :-(